Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Agility Foundation Skills I
September 18, 2017, 7:15 PM until 8:15 PM
LCDA Training Field
1987 Ashley River Rd
Charleston , SC 29407
is closed - Event is full
Payment In Advance Or At Event
This class will focus on agility foundation skills, including: training games, body awareness, impulse control, distraction training, restrained recalls, handling on the flat/turning cues, obstacle commitment, focus forward skills, and puppy jumping skills/grids. As this is a foundation class, limited equipment will be used.
What to bring each week?
- A crate (wire is best, but cloth will work)
- A yoga mat
- AWESOME TREATS (treats must be able to be seen if thrown into the grass and must not crumble - things like string cheese (cut it up before you come to class), thawed frozen cheese tortellini, chicken chunks, etc.)
- Toys! (not balls - toys should not roll away)
- A great attitude and a sense of humor!
- All dogs must be on a flat buckle collar or wear a harness - NO prong or choke collars, or flexi leashes allowed.
Tugging can be very reinforcing for your dog. If your dog likes to play tug with you, that is perfect. If not, please refer to this article by Susan Garrett: http://www.clickerdogs.com/createamotivatingtoy.htm.
Teaching your dog to tug will not be addressed in class.
Agility Foundation Skills I will be a pre-requisite for the follow-up class, Agility Foundation Skills II.